As the holidays usher in the height of the dinner party season, you’ll want something wonderful, warm, and inviting to serve at your next get-together. If you’re tired of the usual punch and cider, try this spicy and citrusy tea-infused mulled wine! The port and orange give a subtle sweetness that nicely offsets the spices, while the tea adds flavor and depth. We used Blood Orange tea for ours and it was absolutely amazing.
- 1 bottle red wine
- 1 bottle port
- 1 ounce loose leaf orange flavored tea, in a strainer or large sachet (or approximately 15 tea bags)
- 1 large orange, sliced
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 6-8 whole cloves
- 2 star anise
- Pour wine and port into a large slow cooker, set on low heat.
- Add tea, orange slices and spices, giving things a good stir.
- Cover and simmer on low for 4 hours.
- Serve immediately in mugs or reduce to warm heat and allow guests to serve themselves over the next few hours. (The spices and orange slices can stay in—they won’t hurt anything.)