There may not be a cure for the common cold, but this recipe for Green Tea Hot Toddy could certainly keep us all a lot more comfortable until they find one!
Recipe adapted from Giggles, Gobbles & Gulps
- 1 green tea bag or 1 tsp loose leaf green tea
- 2 cups water
- 3 slices of orange
- 3 slices of lemon
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves plus additional to pierce orange and lemon slices
- 2-3 thinly sliced pieces of ginger
- 1.5 ounces of whiskey (or brandy)
- 1 tablespoon honey (or more for taste)
- Boil two cups water in a small saucepan with 2 slices of orange, 2 slices of lemon, the cloves, sliced ginger and cinnamon stick.
- Once the water comes to a boil add the whiskey, honey, and coconut oil (optional).
- Line the bottom of a teacup with 1 orange slice and 1 lemon slice which is pierced with additional cloves and a green tea tea-bag.
- Strain the water-whiskey-honey-coconut oil blend and pour it over the green tea tea-bag and citrus slices.
- The Hot Toddy will be very hot.
- Sip slowly.